Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
Compact Disc (CD)
Digital Releases Printed with professional four color printable cd label quality. The audio is burned from the final masters in wav quality better than mp3! It is indeed cheaper than download the wave files. The choice is yours.
Includes unlimited streaming of A Jazz Odyssey
via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
With tracks spanning over a decade of recording, A Jazz Odyssey truly brings together some of the finest moments in the Afternoons In Stereo catalogue. With a deliberate eye on the jazzier side of the artist’s catalogue, the tracks here represent some of the producer’s proudest moments and highlights some of the most outstanding music from his catalogue.
Including a new unreleased track as well as two exclusive unheard alternate studio mixes, all newly remastered from the original tapes, this unique 17-track collection celebrates the 10th anniversary of Afternoons In Stereo. Enjoy!
All tracks mastered by Angelos Timewarp Stoumpos.
Afternoons In Stereo – A Jazz Odyssey will be available on July 21st, 2014 for sale in special edition CDR and digital download at timewarpstore and all mp3 retailers across the internet.
released July 21, 2014
Track List Details:
01. Hypotenaus [The City Is Sleeping, 2008] - The opening track on it’s original album, and it acts as the opener here as well. A short burst of frenzied jazz that takes off like a rocket!
02. Blues For BL [5, 2013] - A slower jazz-blues that’s soft and spirited, this track ably displays the wide diversity of instrumentation in the artist’s repetoire and his interest in the multi-faceted nature of jazz.
03. Amalfi Coast (Alternate Take) [The Silence Between Phrases, 2010 ] - A stylish lounge track heavy on instrumental soloing, newly tinkered with in-the-mix to bring out the best of the guitar playing.
04. Esquema da Sophia Pt 2 [Aural Pleasure, 2004] - All the way back to the debut album, showing the jazz roots were there from the inception! A loud, brassy, bandstand affair with fat bass and talkin’ serious jive.
05. The Great Aerial Ocean [Leaves Of Brass, 2006] - Gentle and airy, this laid-back affair is guitar-driven with gorgeous flute and trumpet. As the producer himself puts it: “This was one for the angels ...”
06. Eames In Dub [Unreleased, 2014] - Previously unreleased, this new studio track sees the producer working with all the hallmarks of the Afternoons In Stereo sound in a jazzy dub template.
07. Turtleneck [Aural Pleasure, 2004] - An early hit from the debut album, this colourful blast of latin jazz and flute-driven boogaloo remains an oft-requested fan favourite.
08. Black Colossus [The City Is Sleeping, 2008] - Featuring guest Ray Harris from The Fusion Experience, this is a pure testament to the influence of jazz -- or as Oscar Peterson puts it, a form of music revered in most parts of the world ...
09. Promise [The Silence Between Phrases, 2010] - A rare vocal outing, the producer wrote this stylish nujazz classic for his wife because he wanted the sentiment expressed “held firm forever in a song”.
10. The Garden Of Pasiphae [5, 2013] - Sometimes a little soul seeps into the song, and such is the case here. Sexy, even languorous, with creamy horns and sensual organ.
11. Hymn For Tunisia [The Silence Between Phrases, 2010] - Ambituous. That’s the best word to describe this magnum opus, which at almost 10 minutes is a compositional and instrumental testament to real jazz.
12. The Last Bohemian (Alternate Take) [The City Is Sleeping, 2008] - An experiment in avant- garde composition, the time signatures fly as fast and loose as the drums. Presented here in an exclusive alternate mix.
13. One For Toshi [The City Is Sleeping, 2008] - At times itís groove-driven and funk laden, at others its almost dreamlike and surreal. Nuanced and textured but driven and pulsing; an eclectic and creative approach to electronic jazz.
14. Blow [5, 2013] - Combatting saxophones and swelling rhythms only begin to describe the fury of this noir-ish track that can only be defined as a "real genuine authentic synthetic hybrid".
15. Waltz Of The Fellaheen [The City Is Sleeping, 2008] - A deliberate endeavor to write a track based around the violin, the resulting song is a heart-breaking and mournful cinematic waltz.
16. Virgo Nocturna [The City Is Sleeping, 2008] - The companion track to opener Hypotenaus, again a short burst of jazz fury but this time it is all odd angles and inverted guitar soloing.
17. Tidal Passage (Bonus Track) [Leaves Of Brass, 2006] - A reviewer once referred to this track as “glacial downtempo”, which is pretty apt. Equally chilled out and spare, it’s an atmospheric experiment in ambient jazz.
Timewarp Music offers the funkiest grooves in contemporary electronic music. "Music without annoying your
Its the creation of Angelos 'Timewarp' Stoumpos since 2004, inspired by the fresh Nu-Funk and Dub Electronica music stream. The purpose was to present this sound in Greece and has managed up to know to become the home of 35 and more musicians, dj's and bands....more